O V E R T H I N K I N G
MY NUMBER #1 FLAW: OVERTHINKING
Creds to Google:
In many cases, overthinking is caused by a single emotion: Fear. When you focus on all the negative things that might happen, it's easy to become paralyzed. Next time you sense that you starting to spiral in that direction, stop. Visualize all the things that can go right and keep those thoughts present and up front.
Do you ever lay in bed at night with so many thoughts crashing through each other like waves ?
Cus I always do, and honestly its probably the trait I hate the most about myself . I hate how I always over think e v e r y t h i n g , even where theres nothing wrong in my life my stupid brain will somehow depict a problem to stress and analyze over. I even over think about me over thinking !
It's something that I'm trying my best to work on and I hope that with time and constant effort I'll be able to stop compulsively letting my dark thoughts affect me. Whats scary is that I feel like secretly I enjoy stressing myself out , my issue with over thinking is what started my depression last summer and the main reason why the summer after high school I completely went MIA on all forms of social media. Some coping methods that keep a lot is me writing , or saying my thoughts things out loud and me rationally coming to a conclusion that all my assumptions are just assumptions and that they are not real if I chose not to believe them. Talking to a friend helps a lot too, music, and expressing yourself though art or taking a creative project will help distract you from over thinking. Keep yourself busy, be proactive and productive every day , eat right/sleep right and trust me it'll eventually all work out and when you look back you'll realize how stupid and naive you were to be so focused on such negative thoughts and assumptions that never happened like they were "suppose" to.
Stay on Top of the World
- Kelly





No comments:
Post a Comment