Monday, August 18, 2014



Hey everyone!

 So today's post is going to be my first ever DIY post! Yay!!! I had been wanting to do this post ever since I picked up my materials and plain t-shirts in NOVEMBER, which just shows how much of a procrastinator I am (slightly embarrassed...) but hey! Better late than never, you know?


ANYWAY...


These are just some easy DIY ideas you guys can use to spice up any old t-shirt and it's just a great inexpensive way to create and customize your own graphic tees. 



MATERIALS you will need:

STEP #1: Cutting and changing the length (Optional)



For this top all I'm doing is cutting little legs on the bottom to create a tied tank top, you can pretty much do this with any top you own!

Tank: FOREVER21 (similar)



Decided to make a simple crop T-Shirt with no graphic at all

T-shirt: WALMART (Little boys' section)





The sleeves on this top weren't very flattering so I decided to completely cut off the sleeves to make the top
 into a muscle tank!


Top: GARAGE




STEP #2: Choosing and printing out the graphic you want on your shirt.





- For see-through/sheer shirts like this one, you can just place the graphic underneath and trace it.
(make sure to place card board or stock paper underneath so your fine liner won't run on the back!)







- For a thicker shirt, carefully out your graphic to make a stencil.
This might take a while since depending on the graphic you have chosen but be patient and it will turn out great!



- Once you have the stencil, use tape to secure the stencil on top of your shirt



STEP #3: Start painting!

I kept the cardboard underneath so the paint would not run through and also tried to use my original graphic as a guide.




- After your done painting, let the paint dry for about 20-30min and then...
Wa laa! This finsihed product!
 In the end I decided to also crop this muscle tank






Using the Stencil was kind of hard because the paper kept on moving so I had to keep it laying flat.
If possible use Stock paper instead of paper to print out your Graphic stencil because it would be more workable! 






When done, Let the paint dry for at least 30 min before slowly removing the stencil




The Graphic font did not come out as clean and sharp as I thought it would due to the moving stencil, but I still love how it looks Very Grundgy. I enhance the shirt some more by cutting out some holes and ruffing up the collar.




This just shows how you can easily fix your mistake by looking at it in a different  perspective!


Even though this DIY idea was super simple ,I still hope you guys got inspired to recycle some old t-shirts.
 Thank you so much for reading! and I'll talk to you guys later in my next post!






Stay on Top of the World
- Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment